Wednesday, March 15, 2017

National Pi/e Day - Best Pies on Maui

In honor of National Pi/e Day (03.14) I'm posting my favorite 
pie place on Maui as well as two new comers to the pie scene. 

I'm not the biggest pie person, but Leodas has ranked tops in the country by my books. Order the mini pies so you can get one of each. Keylime and the Choco Mac Nut are my faves, but Banana Creme is a local winner. (Grab their Ahi sandwich while you're there). The location is easy to miss--look for Mile Marker 16 just prior to hitting Kaanapali in the small town of Olowalu (which you can miss in a blink...literally a blink of an eye). The 'downtown' consists of three shops, one of which is Leodas. 

The copycat of Leodas is Sugar Beach Shop. Their pie flavors and presentation looks pretty similar to Leodas, but they are located more conveniently to tourists and locals living in Kihei. See the photo above of their Lilikoi Key Lime pie. 


Maui Pie serves full sized and mini pies with their own recipes and styles. With near-perfect Yelp reviews I'm looking forward to visiting this Kihei joint. 



{Shout out to all my aunts and uncles who are  having a blast on Maui right now. Aloha!}

Photo: @cindyl @stephanieg @mcgowan06

No comments: